Five for Friday: August Who? and Teacher Toolbox Woo!

Hello, Friends!

I'm back for my second Five for Friday post, and I must say I'm loving blogging. As someone who's always enjoyed writing, it's incredibly soothing to put your words on paper/the internet, but it's also very exciting to share ideas in a way that has been so helpful to me in the past. I would venture that I've learned just as many best practices from reading blogs as I have in internships or in grad school, and that's really saying something! There are so many amazing teachers out there, and I just hope to add resources to the pool of already existing incredible ideas. That said...



I've seen them, I've coveted them...and now I have one! I finally made my own teacher toolbox, and I couldn't be more excited. In conjunction with having a teacher toolbox, I've decided to get rid of my desk, which I'll share more about as it happens. However, I'm currently just thrilled that I will no longer have a scary mess inside my desk drawers. Neatly labeled, easy to access, and best of all, colorful and cute! I used wood grain papers from the fantastic Krista Wallden, along with a cute frame of hers; the font is a Cara Carroll font that I just purchased during the TPT sale, and I couldn't be more thrilled. You can find this freebie HERE, and you can find the toolbox itself HERE at Home Depot. The drawers open differently than some of the other teacher toolboxes I've seen, but I actually like it a lot; the drawers are roomy and also slide in and out pretty easily. I was thrilled to find one that was already black, though I did need to color in the little Husky logo in the corner; I may use my Cameo to put my name in that spot later...once I learn how to use it! :)



I don't do selfies, but I had to take one on my first day wearing this shirt! I saw teachers with it on at the SDE Vegas conferences and loved it...but by the time I got to the booth selling them, there were none in my size! Luckily, on the last day of the conference, I was walking through and checking one last time, and the nice man at the booth offered to MAKE me one in a shirt my size! Now, it's not the pretty teal color that some of the others were, but I do love gray, and it's so soft. Most of all, I love the message: Today I choose joy. Because we do. 

 


Remember the time I went to Target and all I got for school were these pencils? Because I do. Granted, I went to Michaels and Home Depot and bought ONLY school-related items, but just 1 at Target? That NEVER happens.



Alex and Ani. *swoon* I've been building my collection for years, and have a special place in my heart for them because of our shared Rhode Island roots! I received a bracelet and a gift card from a parent, and turned both into this beauty, which I LOVE. The gold, the seahorse, the colors...sigh.




I feel very lucky to have rung in August with TWO rounds of golf thus far! I played with my mom, aunt, and uncle in Jamestown, RI yesterday, and enjoyed a round with Mr. Cronin this morning up in Holden, ME! That said, he's currently waiting for me lakeside to go for a kayak/swim, and patience isn't his strong suit when the weather's nice at the lake. :)

Have a wonderful weekend, all!

- Lisa


Signature

6 comments

  1. My teacher toolbox is the best decision I ever made! I love mine! Yours is so cute, too!
    Daisy Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amanda! Really looking forward to using it this year!

      Delete
  2. I want to hear more about getting rid of your desk! Mine is just taking up space and I never use it except to plop things. But I retire in a couple years. Wondering if the work/expense is worth it? Envious! Have a good year!
    ~Joyce Oberg
    http://1stgradepandamania.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine was just a big shelf/dumping ground last year, which is why I am ditching it! My principal ok'ed it, which I am super grateful for. If we aren't able to find it a home in the district, we'll donate it. I'll definitely be cataloging what was in it, where it's all going, and what my new setup is on here, so keep an eye out! Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete
  3. Ok, I love the way that toolbox is set up! I loathe going to Home Depot but may have to make a stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya, but I think it's worth it! Let me know how it turns out!

      Delete

Back to Top